The WordPress plugin "Compress JPEG & PNG images" makes use of Tinify's Developer API service. Therefore, the Developer API pricing will be applied to the WordPress plugin.
Free API account
With the Developer API subscription, users will receive 500 free optimizations each calendar month. No payment details are required to sign up for the Developer API service.
You can sign up at https://tinify.com/developers.
By signing up for the Developer API, you will have access to 500 free compressions per month. To optimize more images, you can upgrade the API subscription to the paid plan.
WordPress creates different thumbnails of your images which all have to be compressed. In a default WordPress installation, you can optimize around 100 images for free each month. Please keep in mind that some plugins even add more sizes, so take a look at the Settings > Compress JPEG & PNG images page before you start optimization.
Upgrade WordPress plugin to a paid subscription
If you want to remove the limit of 500 compressions per month, you can upgrade your Developer API account on the account dashboard. The Developer API pricing has a pay-per-compression billing. The Developer API pricing is further explained at https://tinify.com/developers#pricing.
Note: Keep in mind that the invoice for the current month will be sent on the 1st of the next calendar month.
How to upgrade:
- Log in to view your account dashboard. If you need help with login, please check out the following article: https://help.tinify.com/help/account-login.
- In the dashboard menu, select API, or go to https://tinify.com/dashboard/api.
- Scroll down and you will find the section Payment details.
- Click or tap Add new card.
- Enter your credit card details.
- Click or tap Upgrade to pay per compression.
- You have successfully upgraded your API account. You can now optimize more than 500 compressions each month.